This creamy and refreshing yogurt dip is a staple in Greek cuisine, the perfect accompaniment to various dishes, from grilled meats to fresh vegetables and pita bread. With just a few simple ingredients, you can recreate the authentic taste of Greece right in your own home.
- TIME NEEDED
- 10 minutes
- 500 ml Greek yogurt
- 1 medium sized cucumber
- 3 garlic cloves (or to your liking)
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp. of fine chopped mint or dill
- 4 cups of GAEA Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Grate the cucumber, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and allow to drain in a strainer for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the juices out by cupping the grated cucumber in your hands and add to a bowl.
- Grate, fine chop or use a garlic press to squash the garlic cloves and add to the bowl.
- Add the yogurt, lemon juice, and herbs and mix well.
Serve drizzled with GAEA Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil.