Greece is located in the southeastern corner of Europe, on the crossroads of Europe, Asia and Africa. It is a land that encompasses seas, rivers, mountains, islands and therefore has a very diverse and dramatic landscape, here are some cool facts about Greece that you may not know:
- Greece on average has 280 - 300 days of sunshine a year
- It has over 14000 km of coast line making it the 9th country in the world on the coast line count!
- 80% of the country is mountainous, but no point is more then 90km away from the sea!
- Greece has over 6000 islands from which only 227 are inhabited!
- Greece is the third largest producer of olives in the world!
- 35% of the entire population of Greece lives in Athens, except for August where only 10% remain in the city whilst the rest holiday around Greece
- Greece's official name is Hellas and us Greeks call the country Ellada
- Greece has a lot of snow with ski lodges all over the country in the winter and reaches on average 95°F in the summer.
- Greece's summers run from June to October!
- lay down and look at the sky, if there are clouds try and make animals out of them in your imagination! remember we used to do that as kids?
- Take your shoes and socks off and stand in a patch of grass or sand and feel the Earth's vibe!
- Sit and observe the animal traffic on a tree!
- Leave a bird feeder outside your window to have pleasant visits from birds.
Life is majestic in it's simplicity, it isn't complicated, we make it this way and nature is a healer of the soul.