This nutritious yet scrumptious salad will energise you whilst the bright, citrusy taste of the lemons will elevate your senses! Our 100% Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil and olives combined with feta will remind you of a tree-shaded garden under the Greek sun!
- TIME NEEDED
- 20 mins
- 80ml GAEA Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (3⁄4 cup)
- Freshly pressed juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1⁄2 tsp (6g) Greek seasoning mix
- 1 tsp (4g) salt
- 1 tsp (4g) black pepper
- 450g orzo (16 oz)
- 100g baby spinach leaves (3 cups)
- 1 glass GAEA Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives in brine, drained
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, diced and seeded
- 100g red onion, diced (3⁄4 cup)
- 200g feta cheese (7 oz)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, season with salt, and cook the orzo for 10 minutes. Drain, rinse, and set aside to cool.
- Transfer the cooled orzo to a large mixing bowl. Add the spinach, chopped vegetables, and olives, then crumble the feta cheese over the pasta and toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, Greek seasoning, salt, and pepper until mixed.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the pasta mixture and gently fold until the pasta and veggies are coated. Season to taste, drizzle with more olive oil if wished.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight before serving. The pasta is best within 2-3 days but will last up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Use our simple method for any vinaigrette, 3 parts olive oil, 2 parts lemon or vinegar and 1 part mustard.